Chicken breasts with carrot and zucchini stuffing are a nice departure than your standard chicken recipe. This diabetic entrée offers a healthy and tasteful dinner choice. In order to make this easy diabetic recipe, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 2 sm. whole chicken breasts
- 1 c. carrots, shredded (about 2 sm.)
- 1 c. zucchini, shredded (about 1 med.)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 envelope chicken-flavored bouillon
- 1/4 c. water
- With sharp knife, remove skin and excess fat from chicken breasts. Cut each breast in half, along breastbone; remove breastbone. From cut side of each chicken breast half, with tip of sharp knife, cut and scrape meat away from rib cage, gently pulling back meat to form pocket; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine carrots, zucchini, salt and poultry seasoning. Spoon about 1/2 cup mixture into each pocket; secure with toothpicks. In 10 inch skillet, place chicken, sprinkle with bouillon. To skillet add water, over medium high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer about 40 minutes or until chicken is fork tender. Remove toothpicks. Makes 4 servings, 180 calories per serving.