Caesar salad should be a mainstay in every diabetic’s diet. It’s easy to make and good for you too. For this diabetic recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 ounces anchovies
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces garlic — chopped
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 quart olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- salt — to taste
- 12 cups Romaine lettuce
- croutons — seasonings in recipe
- Prepare Croutons (Optional)– Cut a loaf of stale bread into 1/4-inch cubes. Season with melted butter, thyme, basil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Bake until crisp.
- Prepare Caesar Salad Dressing– In a large bowl, grind anchovies to a paste-like consistency. Stir in all remaining ingredients except Romaine lettuce.
- Tear Romaine lettuce into large pieces and place in large bowl. Pour salad dressing over lettuce and toss salad. Serve immediately.